The Pneumatic Practice Pad
- Eric Sheffield, University of Michigan
- Sile O'Modhrain, University of Michigan
- Michael Gould, University of Michigan
- Brent Gillespie, University of Michigan
- The Pneumatic Practice Pad is a commercially available 10” practice pad that has been modified to allow for tension changes in a matter of seconds using a small electric air pump. In this paper, we examine the rebound characteristics of the Pneumatic Practice Pad at various pressure presets and compare them to a sample of acoustic drums. We also review subjective feedback from participants in a playing test.
Return to the previous page.