Prototyping hand-based wearable music education technology
- Mikko Myllykoski, University teacher
- Kai Tuuri, Researcher
- Esa Viirret, Project researcher
- Jukka Louhivuori, Professor
- Antti Peltomaa, Project designer
- Janne Kekäläinen, Project manager
- This paper discusses perspectives for conceptualizing and developing hand-based wearable musical interfaces. Previous implementations of such interfaces have not been targeted for music pedagogical use. We propose principles for pedagogically oriented ‘musical hand’ and outline its development through the process of prototyping, which involves a variety of methods. The current functional prototype, a touch-based musical glove, is presented.
Return to the previous page.